Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Getting To Lilongwe, Malawi

I left Nashville and arrived to Atlanta with no problem. Plane ride one out of the the way. I hung out in the airport and boarded my flight to South Africa.

Tick Tock Tick Tock! We were and hour and a half late taking off. As soon as we got to our cruising altitude, I did just what I said I was going to do and went to sleep. 9 hours later, I woke up just in time for a snack. Only 7 more hours left! I took out my iPad and read Fifty Shades of Grey. Before I knew it, dinner was being served. Nice. I knew that we would be landing in an hour and a half! When I looked out my window on our descent, I could see huge fires just a blazing! Very cool. I learned that is normal. They burn everything here...Made it to my hotel by 6. Went to sleep around 9:00 and woke up at 2am and was up for the duration.

I love that Tambo airport in SA. HUGE. And very nice. It was like a shopping mall! Went and checked in to my flight and waited about two hours and once again, I was airborne. Nice flight on South African Air and their dinner was awesome! No picking there. I ate the entire lunch.

Arrived at Lilongwe and I could here the boys yelling Aunt Teri!! Over and over. They were easy to spot! That was very nice. I wish we could meet the planes in the states!

We got to the house and David had to rush off back to the Embassy for a official fourth of July function so Shannon took me to the one and only little cafe that is also a plant nursery.

The boys should be all the different fauna and recited each name expertly and when I got back to the table, I had a Caramel Latte and a piece of Carmel Cake. Yumm.

We let the boys play on the playground which featured an old tractor that Jorden would love! Then back to the house where Shannon had fresh dough rising for homemade pizzas!!

We went to a BBQ/Farewell on the fourth then can home to pack for our 4 day Safari!! I can't wait!!

Next post will be Monday!!

No comments: